For the garlic ciabatta (optional):
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 massive garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 tbsp finely sliced flatleaf parsley
- 30g/1oz cheese, finely grated
- 1 ready-to-bake ciabatta, turn over twelve thick slices
For the alimentary paste puttanesca:
- 3 tbsp additional virgin oil
- 1 purple onion, finely sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ½–1 tsp dried chile flakes
- 12 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp baby capers, drained
- 100g/3½oz cavitied black olives, sliced
- 800g/1lb 12oz cherry tomatoes (600g/1lb 5oz halved, 200g/7oz quartered)
- 500g/1lb 2oz dried alimentary paste
- handful flatleaf parsley, finely sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated cheese
- If serving garlic ciabatta, prepare it 1st. heat the kitchen appliance to 200C/180C Fan/Gas half dozen and line a baking receptacle with baking parchment. in an exceedingly little bowl, combine the butter, garlic, parsley and cheese along and add some salt and pepper. Lay the ciabatta slices on the baking receptacle and unfold generously with the paste. Place on the highest shelf of the kitchen appliance for 12–14 minutes, or till golden brown.
- For the alimentary paste puttanesca, heat the additional virgin oil in an exceedingly massive skillet over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5–8 minutes, till softened. Add the garlic, chile flakes and anchovies to the onion and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add the capers, olives and halved tomatoes and cook for eight minutes, or till the tomatoes begin to melt and break down slightly.
- While the sauce is change of state, bring an oversized pan of preserved water to the boil. Add the alimentary paste and cook for two minutes but the advised time on the packet, stirring many times. whereas the food is change of state, add alittle ladleful of food water to the spaghetti sauce.
- Drain the alimentary paste as shortly because it is prepared, keeping back a bit of the water, and add it to the sauce with the quartered tomatoes and another splash of food water.
- Cook for 3–4 minutes, then stir within the parsley. Season with pepper, and salt if required (the anchovies are salty). Serve the food in warm bowls, with cheese, and therefore the garlic ciabatta, if serving.