- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, delve skinny strips (or more)
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil or bacon fat (more or less, reckoning on your pan)
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 massive head of cabbage (2 pounds) core cut out and delve skinny strips
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika (see notes)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- 1 cup cream (Daisy full-fat cream preferred)
- 3/4 cup grated cheese cheese
- Preheat kitchen appliance to 375F/190C. Slice the bacon. Cut the hollow of the cabbage and cut it into skinny strips. (We used a mandoline slicer to slice the cabbage.) Mince the onion.
- Heat alittle frypan over medium high heat, add the strips of bacon, and cook till the bacon is brunet and really crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Heat two teaspoons of vegetable oil (or a touch bacon fat if you prefer) within the largest frypan you’ve got, add the minced onion, and cook over medium-high heat till it’s barely commencing to brown. Add the sliced cabbage, season with paprika, salt, and pepper, and cook simply till it’s softened partially. Then add the crisp bacon items, stir to mix with the cabbage, and cook 1-2 minutes a lot of to mix flavors.
- Spray a glass baking dish with vegetable oil or non-stick spray. (The oval glass dish I used was 13″ x 10″ at the widest components.) place the saute cabbage within the casserole dish and unfold the cream over, then sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake regarding half-hour, or till it’s effervescent hot and therefore the high is nicely brunet . Serve hot.