- 4 tablespoons unseasoned butter
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons Kosher salt divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup general-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 1/4 pounds contemporary leaf spinach or one pound frozen
- 1 cup cheese cheese*
- 4 ounces cream cheese*
- 1/2 cup grated cheese cheese
Note: click on times within the directions to begin a room timer whereas preparation.
- Bring an oversized pot of water to a boil with 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Add the spinach and cook simply till limp, regarding one minute.
- Drain the spinach in a very filter or strainer.
- Rinse with cold water till cool and squeeze the water out of every handful of spinach.
- Chop the spinach bundles into a 3/4 in. dimension.
- In a giant pan soften the butter with the garlic and onions.
- Cook on medium low for 8-10 minutes or till the onions ar semitransparent.
- Add within the remaining kosher salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Add within the flour and blend with a wood spoon over low and cook for 2-3 minutes till the aroma could be a bit nutty.
- Add the 0.5 AN 0.5 and cook till boiling.
- Add within the mozarella cheese and cheese
- Cook for 6-8 minutes or till the mixture has thickened.
- Add within the spinach and also the cheese cheese and stir to mix.